Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chronic immune dysfunction

heapsreal

My first post here, so take it easy on me. I thought i would post here to find out more about immune effects of anabolics. I have been diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) or the other shit name chronic fatigue syndrome(CFS). I have had this now for 11 years, onset was from cmv mono, followed by chickenpox and then ebv mono all within 6 month period, health was good prior to this.

Chronic infections that i have to deal with are mostly cmv reactivation and chronic sinusitis(causes hypertension and severe headaches if untreated). General run down on my tests shows i have lymphocytosis involving most of my cd t cells, sort of the opposite of HIV, my doctor said this probably indicates the ongoing infection with cmv and has partially responded to antivirals which i have been on for a number of years. Mostly famvir but did do 18months on valcyte. I also have had ongoing moderate neutropenia, maybe this is the reason for sinus issues?

I also have low natural killer cell function and low bright cell nk function. I had this test in a university research study in australia on cfs/me at Griffith university on the Gold coast who are doing alot of research into cfs/me and other neuro-immune diseases.

I use quite a few different supplements that help to a certain degree as well as immune modulators to try and increase my nk function and antivirals and antibiotics when needed. Hormone wise, my total T is generally in the bottom 1/3 of the normal range(age 43) and my free T has been constantly below the reference range but have corrected this with dhea supplements. I have used a 10% T cream which has done nothing ie what i actually feel from it as well as tests. E2 controlled by arimidex so no issue there. In australia it is dam hard to find a doctor who will prescribe testosterone injections, basically need your nuts cut off to get it. But i hyave other means ??

So i guess my questions are, have or what sort of immune function improvements have u guys seen on testosterone and or deca?

Is it reasonable to think that anabolics will increase my low neutrophil nuumbers? I know there are meds specifically for neutrophils but i dont fit their criteria?

If one has seen an increase in natural killer cell function?

Appreciate any other comments.
ps, please dont meantion psychobabble treatments like cbt/get for cfs/me as these are said to be dangerous for us going by the proper cfs/me doctors not psychs as well as my experience.
cheers!!

Steroids, testosterone in particular, will increase immune function. I suspect that a steroid cycle will increase your low neutrophil numbers.

With your health conditions, I wouldn't start a steroid cycle without a doctors guidance though. Work with your doctor on this. He might be willing to put you on a trt dosage of testosterone. Walk into the conversation educated and you would be surprised. Doctors are becoming more and more willing to prescribe trt.

Sorry to hear that ME has claimed another victim. I struggled with this for about 7-years: housebound, adrenals crashed, chronic sinusitis, muscle spasms, couldn't climb stairs, weight went down to 125Ibs, immune dysfunction, allergies to most foods (only eggs, rutabaga, kale, cauliflower for 2-years), and so on.

I'm in the process of applying to the British government with university colleagues for a £1m grant looking into evidence-based medicine, with particular emphasis on lay-knowledge, to improve outcomes in this disease. I cured my own ME after years and years of unproductive biochemical tests done by doctors, being told it was all in my head, and seeing no way out. I wanted to write a short note about things you can think about to improve your condition. This will undoubtedly take you outside the medical model; but, frankly, what has the medical model done for ME sufferers? If you want more information, the moderators may allow this thread to continue, or you can PM me. (Although, I'm sure I recognise you from one of the well-known ME forums.)

In essence, ME is a consequence of methylation dysfunction. This involves the extremely complicated folate cycle and the methionine cycle. Methyl-folate and methyl-B12 are central to these cycles proper functioning, and are the basis for a provide number of reactions, including proper immune function, DNA transcription, and, perhaps crucially, synthesis of glutathione (a natural chelator of heavy metals and toxins). In this day and age, it's easy for glutathione levels to go down. This results in B12 being sequestered, and key enzymes to become out of action - which results in further decreases in glutathione. B12 levels get worse, and there's your ME and all it does to you. I've been tested for methylation dysfunction, as have countless others, and it's very clearly relevant to ME.

So, very roughly, I cured my condition by doing the following:

1. Chelating heavy metals from my brain and internal organs to free up the enzymes needed for proper methylation cycle function. I did a raft of tests showing the metals were coming out during a year and a half of treatment.

2. Addressed methylation cycle dysfunction. I did this second because it was pointless supplementing with the necessary things when heavy metals, particularly mercury, were bound to the key enzymes in the cycle. But at the right time, I added in things like sublingual methyl-B12 to get the cycle moving.

3. Like you, I tried supplements to bring up testosterone, which went down, along with cortisol and thyroid, etc. In the end, I supplemented with testosterone, as have others.

It's quite a journey, but one that has given me my life back. Two years ago, the idea of my going to the gym was unthinkable. I'd have been content to get back to work.

Good luck!

Last edited:
low dose of testosterone and real primo will boost immune system.. sarm's are also another safe option because they are non androgenic and were tailored made for muscle wasting diseases

stay away from abusing steroids and compounds harsh like tren which will hurt immune system.

good luck, sounds like a shitty issue

Sorry to hear that ME has claimed another victim. I struggled with this for about 7-years: housebound, adrenals crashed, chronic sinusitis, muscle spasms, couldn't climb stairs, weight went down to 125Ibs, immune dysfunction, allergies to most foods (only eggs, rutabaga, kale, cauliflower for 2-years), and so on.

I'm in the process of applying to the British government with university colleagues for a £1m grant looking into evidence-based medicine, with particular emphasis on lay-knowledge, to improve outcomes in this disease. I cured my own ME after years and years of unproductive biochemical tests done by doctors, being told it was all in my head, and seeing no way out. I wanted to write a short note about things you can think about to improve your condition. This will undoubtedly take you outside the medical model; but, frankly, what has the medical model done for ME sufferers? If you want more information, the moderators may allow this thread to continue, or you can PM me. (Although, I'm sure I recognise you from one of the well-known ME forums.)

In essence, ME is a consequence of methylation dysfunction. This involves the extremely complicated folate cycle and the methionine cycle. Methyl-folate and methyl-B12 are central to these cycles proper functioning, and are the basis for a provide number of reactions, including proper immune function, DNA transcription, and, perhaps crucially, synthesis of glutathione (a natural chelator of heavy metals and toxins). In this day and age, it's easy for glutathione levels to go down. This results in B12 being sequestered, and key enzymes to become out of action - which results in further decreases in glutathione. B12 levels get worse, and there's your ME and all it does to you. I've been tested for methylation dysfunction, as have countless others, and it's very clearly relevant to ME.

So, very roughly, I cured my condition by doing the following:

1. Chelating heavy metals from my brain and internal organs to free up the enzymes needed for proper methylation cycle function. I did a raft of tests showing the metals were coming out during a year and a half of treatment.

2. Addressed methylation cycle dysfunction. I did this second because it was pointless supplementing with the necessary things when heavy metals, particularly mercury, were bound to the key enzymes in the cycle. But at the right time, I added in things like sublingual methyl-B12 to get the cycle moving.

3. Like you, I tried supplements to bring up testosterone, which went down, along with cortisol and thyroid, etc. In the end, I supplemented with testosterone, as have others.

It's quite a journey, but one that has given me my life back. Two years ago, the idea of my going to the gym was unthinkable. I'd have been content to get back to work.

Good luck!

This is one of the most educated wise posts I have ever seen when it comes to medical conditions.

Y'all, and specially OP, need to understand that MD doctors CANNOT cure you. They only TREAT you. DRUGS, DONT CURE. They only treat symptoms but the underlying condition is still present. All these chronic diseases that by the way are on the rise, are all related to nutrient deficiency. Ultimately is the own body the one who regulate all the biochemical processes. Is the body the one who repair and rebuild tissues. And to do so it needs the raw materials. 90 essential nutrients every day of our lives. 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 aminoacids and 2 fatty acids. Without those essential nutrients present, its a matter of time tis something give up and breaks. Not all supplement are created equal, there are a handful recommended by Naturopathic doctors, and NO, all these nutrients ARE NOT in the food anymore. Even if you buy organic, the soil has been depleted from nutrients due to decades of farming practices. Besides a healthy clean diet you MUST supplement yourself every day with these essential nutrients and your symptoms will slowly and steady improve over the course of time.

Top Bottom