Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bovine Colostrum...natural alternative to GH?

Mr. Black

I am just finishing up a EQ & Test cycle and have been researching some possible alternatives to try as I transfer back into the natural training realm. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of supplementing with "Bovine Colostrum"? My gym owner raves about the product which was actually designed for cattle to increase lbm. He trains our local junior hockey team and has seen muscle gains in indivduals of up to 10lbs in a few months. It is legal and apparently available at any vet store. I'm gonna try it for a few months and report my results. Here's a little more deatail on what it is and how it works :

What makes colostrum so beneficial?
There are over 90 known components in colostrum. The primary components, divided into two classes, are immune factors and growth factors. Colostrum also contains a precise balance of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. All of these factors work together in perfect synergy to restore and maintain health.

Colostrum’s Immune Factors

Immune Factors in colostrum have been shown to help the body fight off harmful invaders such as viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungus. Each factor plays a specific role in our body’s defense against these attackers. In addition, colostrum contains over 20 antibodies to specific pathogens including E coli, salmonella, rotavirus, candida, streptococcus, staphylococcus, H pylori, and cryptosporidia.

In addition to immunoglobulins, medical studies show that PRP in colostrum also supports an under active immune system. PRP also helps balance an overactive immune system present in autoimmune diseases.

Colostrum’s Growth Factors

Growth Factors help build and restore bone, muscle, nerve tissue, connective tissue, skin and cartilage. These factors have also been shown to help increase lean muscle, help the body burn fat for fuel, and assist in wound healing. Growth factors have also been shown to help slow the signs of aging!

Colostrum's growth factors may:

Affect the brain’s mood regulating chemicals to brighten our moods. (serotonin & dopamine)

Assist in regeneration and improve normal growth of aged or injured muscle, bone, cartilage, skin collagen and nerve tissue.

Help burn fat for fuel instead of muscle tissue in times of fasting (diet), and build & retain lean muscle (non-diet).

Assist the internal regulation of blood glucose levels and "brain chemicals", supporting alertness and better concentration.

Support healing skin when applied topically

Repair our body’s precious RNA and DNA.

Other Beneficial Components

Vitamins and Minerals are nutrients that are essential for normal metabolism, growth and development. They act as coenzymes, enabling chemical process to take place throughout the body. Vitamins and minerals are indispensable for the maintenance of health.

Amino Acids are the building blocks of proteins. They are required for growth and development. Amino acids are divided into essential (not produced by the body) and nonessential (can be produced by the body).

http://www.colostruminfo.com

Sounds interesting. Looking around, it seems that New Zealand has a lot of companies selling it.

Do a yahoo search on "bovine colostrum". These is one site that claims:

We guarantee to have the lowest colostrum prices on the internet. If you should find any lower online Symbiotics New Zealand bovine colostrum price, we will beat it by a $1.00 per bottle.

They even have chewable colostrum!

What would be the dosage for a bodybuilder?

Humm, I don't know guys, I remember it was a big flop not too long ago. Lots of difference in product quality. I can't remember specifics, but one was said to be very good and extremely expensive

tigerdirect said:
thats just for cows to reproduce milk. if you like milk to start coming out of your nipples then go ahead and take it
Actually, take the word of a farm boy here. It is for the health of the newborn calf; not for milk production. If the calf doesn't get that first milking (colostrum) it is likely to be sickly. The calf needs those extra nutrients and immune factors to be healthy.

Here is what I can decipher thusfar. I am considering this product for national tv so I am doing some research on the product. First, go to Medline and you will find that there is tons of clinical research on colostrum. The New Zealand Department of Agriculture has done a great deal of clinical research and the benefits extend both to the athletic community as well as the population in general. To name just afew disorders studied, intestinal disorders, colitis, skin infection, acute respiratory infection, streptococcus, samonella, cellutitis, hair/follicle infection,pneumonia,tissue inflamation, wound/skin infectrions, gastric and peptic ulcers, meningitis,gastroenteritis,acne.

Big studies have been done on Athletic performance by Dr Jose Antonio and a dozen other well known scientists. I have spoken to a trainer of professional hockey players who claims reduction of fat and retention/ghain of muscle mass, as well as other remarkable benefits.

I have not read the studies myself yet, so I have no opinion on them.

The formation of Colostrum seems critical. One website I would reccomend is www.symbiotics.com. The health professional site is www.prosymbiotics.com. Some profesional athletes purchase product from them.

I have no interest in the website nor do I endorse their particular product at this point.

I hope this helps. I personally believe that this is a remarkable product. I intend to test it myself shortly.

stealth said:
Here is what I can decipher thusfar. I am considering this product for national tv so I am doing some research on the product. First, go to Medline and you will find that there is tons of clinical research on colostrum. The New Zealand Department of Agriculture has done a great deal of clinical research and the benefits extend both to the athletic community as well as the population in general. To name just afew disorders studied, intestinal disorders, colitis, skin infection, acute respiratory infection, streptococcus, samonella, cellutitis, hair/follicle infection,pneumonia,tissue inflamation, wound/skin infectrions, gastric and peptic ulcers, meningitis,gastroenteritis,acne.

Big studies have been done on Athletic performance by Dr Jose Antonio and a dozen other well known scientists. I have spoken to a trainer of professional hockey players who claims reduction of fat and retention/ghain of muscle mass, as well as other remarkable benefits.

I have not read the studies myself yet, so I have no opinion on them.

The formation of Colostrum seems critical. One website I would reccomend is www.symbiotics.com. The health professional site is www.prosymbiotics.com. Some profesional athletes purchase product from them.

I have no interest in the website nor do I endorse their particular product at this point.

I hope this helps. I personally believe that this is a remarkable product. I intend to test it myself shortly.

thanks for the info bro, and the pm. If you finds out any details on the best kind to order online shoot me a pm.

Top Bottom