Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearm pain

Ryno23

i have a sharp pain in my right forearm when doing some bicep exercises. mostly on preacher curl and it hurts the most when i put the bar back down and it shoots a sharp pain through my right forearm as soon as i release the bar...any ideas why this may be?

Ryno23 said:
i have a sharp pain in my right forearm when doing some bicep exercises. mostly on preacher curl and it hurts the most when i put the bar back down and it shoots a sharp pain through my right forearm as soon as i release the bar...any ideas why this may be?

i have currently started getting the same problem, my athletic trainer told me to lay off of barbell curls as that puts a lot of pressure on the forearm...

i guess no one else knows anything about this?

Sounds like tendonitis, especially if it is more towards your elbow.

Ibuprofen 600mg 3 times a day for 7 days and ice it every night, and lay off the biceps for a few days and it should heal up.

Does it hurt around the elbow? What happens when you try to pick up a heavy book off a shelf? If it causes extreme pain, then most likely you have tendonitis.

As buffut said, ibuprofen is the first-line treatment for tendonitis. Just make sure you take it with food and drink plenty of fluids to prevent GI bleeding and renal failure.

swatdoc said:
Does it hurt around the elbow? What happens when you try to pick up a heavy book off a shelf? If it causes extreme pain, then most likely you have tendonitis.

As buffut said, ibuprofen is the first-line treatment for tendonitis. Just make sure you take it with food and drink plenty of fluids to prevent *GI bleeding and renal failure*.
thats a bit extreme, isn't it? gi bleeding and renal failure from a couple of ibuprofen. yeah, maybe if he decided to take 10 at a time.

I had the same pain...it hurt to grip anything or curl. i would wrap my forearm up with a magnetic wrap and take aspirin, but it didnt go away. i dont like to go to the doctors either. i actually took a year off lifting (not a choice....new job, move to another state, etc). i just started back lifting full time last month and i have no more pain whatsoever.

I have the EXACT same problem with my right forearm as well. What hes describing is in the forearm bone itself. Its almost definitely the bone. Feels like it wants to snap after a heavy set. Ive just shyed away from them for this reason.

Top Bottom