Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cold Sores

KayKo

Alright so unfortunately I am susceptible to cold sores and I find it rather embarassing when I get them. I don't get them as much as I used to, but when I do, I feel very self conscience. When I feel one coming on, I apply Zovirax to it, but it still takes a week or so for it to go away. Does anyone know of any other medications that I can take to keep them at bay or to make the healing process ALOT quicker (like 2 days)? Thanks for any feedback you all!!

The Zovirax should keep them away. But Valtrex works even better. You can take the pills and don't need Zovirax ointment. It will arrest any further development from when you start taking it and gradually regresses over 2-3 days.

i used to get them at the exact same place at almost regular intervals every 6 months or so. started taking 500 mg of lysine/ed and went 2 years without one. got another one and upped the dosage to 1000 mg/ed and have now gone 3 years without one.

I used to work at a ski resort during the winter months up north. A fellow patrol officer with me used to get them during the colder months as well. If you want to treat them prophatically (before you get them) just go to your nearest GNC and get a bottle of L-Lysine. All it is , is an amino acid. Take one each morning when you get up and say good-bye to them for good. I thought this was bullshit at first, but after my wife started getting them and then started taking the L-lysine they have cured her of them and she has not had one yet.

I think so kingpinn. I just purchased 2 bottles of lysine and it says take on an empty stomach OR an hour before a meal. Between the time I get up and have my first meal, it's an hour, so I guess I'll be taking them when I wake up. Thanks for the info. you all!!

Top Bottom